The Guinaudeau family apply the same precision and care to Château Grand Village in Fronsac as they do to their renowned Château Lafleur in Pomerol. They also use cuttings from Pomerol and vinify virtually the same, making for an interesting comparison of terroir. 80% of their 14-hectares of red grape plantings are Merlot, with the remaining 20% Cabernet Franc. They also produce a white from a smaller 2.3-hectare site, mostly Sauvignon Blanc with some Semillon. Gentle extractions, fermentation in stainless steel and concrete vats, followed by barrel ageing (approximately 30% new) is the recipe for a stunning wine from the greater Bordeaux AOP.