Bouchard Père & Fils, is one of the oldest wine estates in Burgundy, maintaining tradition for nearly three centuries across nine generations of winemakers - a claim that is almost unheard of.
With a sprawl of vineyard holdings over the Cote d’Or, they are producing small quantities of an extensive terroir of Burgundy that allows for a deep exploration into old vines, and individual site expression in each cuvée.
In 1110, the Cistercian monks were donated land in the village of Vougeot which they quickly planted with vines until the revolution. Today, this walled vineyard of 50 hectares belongs to about 80 owners. The soils here are a mosaic of diversity that produce wines of equal individuality. This cuvee comes from a parcel grown on limestone soil showing an elegant lift of spice, blackberries that perfectly wraps up a meaty and musky intensity.